ON THE REMEMBRANCE OF ALLAH
de "At-Targhib wa At-Tarhib" por Ibn Hajar al-‘Ascalani
I. Encouragement to remember Allah, often, secretly and openly, and to preserve yourself in it; what has been transmitted about him who does not remember Allah frequently.
1.Abu Hureyra reported that the Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “Allah Most High says, I am of the opinion that my slave has about Me. I am with him when he remembers me. When he remembers Me in himself, I mention him to Me. If he mentions Me in one meeting, I mention him in a better one. If he gets closer to Me a quarter I get closer to him a cubit. If he steps closer to Me an ulna, I step closer to him. When he comes to Me walking, I go to him running."
(Muslim and al-Bukhari, Ahmed has it at the end, Qatada said: "Allah is quicker to forgive").
2. Abdullah ibn Busr reported that a man said, “Messenger of Allah, the laws of Islam are too much for me. Tell me something I can hold on to." He said. "Your tongue should always be moist with the remembrance of Allah." (at-Tirmidi)
3. Abud-Darda reported that the Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “Do you want me to inform you about the best of your deeds and the purest of your property and about the highest of yours and what is better for you than spending gold and silver and superior for you to face the enemy, cut their throats and have them cut yours?" They said "Yes, indeed!" and he said, "remembrance of Allah, the Almighty." Muadh ibn Jebal said, “there is nothing that saves more from the punishment of Allah than the remembrance of Allah.” (Ahmad, ibn Abid – Dunya, at-Tirmidi and ibn Majah)
4. Abu Said al-Qudri reported that the Messenger of Allah, may peace and blessings be upon him, said, “make a lot of Allah's dikra until they say: - he is mad”. (Ahmad, abu Ya'la and ibn Hiban).
5. Abu Musa reported that the Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said, "If a man has a few dirhams in his possession which he distributes and another remembers Allah, the one who remembers Allah is better." ”. And a variant says, "There is no better sadaka than the remembrance of Allah." (at-Tabarani)
6. Umm Anas reported that on one occasion she said, "Messenger of Allah, direct me." And he said, “avoid acts of disobedience: that is the best Jihad. Call on Allah a lot, you cannot offer Him anything that He loves more than abundance of dikra.” (At-Tabarani. Another version says, “remember Allah a lot. This is the action that Allah loves most.” At-Tabarani makes it known that Umm Anas is not the mother of Anas ibn Malik)
II. Encouragement to attend dikra meetings and to gather to remember Allah
7. Abu Hureyra reported that the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and give him peace, said, “Allah Most High has angels who walk the roads and paths looking for the people who make dikra on earth. When they find people remembering Allah, the Most High, the Majestic, they call to each other, “come and see what you longed to find”, then they wrap their wings around them and ascend to the lowest of heavens. Their Lord who knows them best asks them, “what do my servants say?” and they reply, “they are glorifying You, proclaiming Your greatness, praising and exalting You.” He says, “Have they seen me?” and they reply, "No, by Allah, they have not seen You." And He says, "And what would it be like if they saw Me?" and the angels reply: "if they saw you they would adore you even more intensely and they would exalt you even more intensely and they would glorify you even more." And He says, what are they asking of me? And They reply, “They are asking you for the Garden. And Allah says to them: have you seen it? and they answer “no, by Allah, they have not seen it. He then says, “how would they long for it if they saw it?” and they reply, “if they had seen it they would want it even more and want it even more and want it even more” and then He asks From what do they seek refuge? The angels answer: “they seek refuge from the Fire”. And He asks, "Have you seen it?" Then He asks, “What would it be like if they saw it?” and they answer: “if they saw him they would move away from him radically and they would be even more afraid of him. And then Allah says, “I testify before you that I have forgiven them”, and one of the angels says, “among them there is one who is this and that, and he is not one of them and he came to take something that he needed”. . And Allah says, “they are sitting and the one who is sitting with them will not be despised. (al-Bukhari)
8. Abdullah ibn Umar reported: "I asked, Messenger of Allah, what is the loot from the dikra gatherings?" And he replied, “the booty of the dikra gatherings is the Garden.”(Ahmed)
9. Anas Ibn Malik has reported that the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and give him peace, said, "When you come to the Garden grasslands, graze on them." And he was asked, "what are the meadows of the Garden?" "The circles of dikra," he replied. (At-Tirmidi)
10. Amir Ibn Abasa said, “I heard the Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, say about the right hand of the Merciful: “its two hands are right hands. There are men who are neither prophets nor martyrs, their faces have a whiteness that dazzles the sight of those who look at them. Prophets and martyrs envy their place and proximity to Allah, the Most High." And they asked him, Messenger of Allah, who are they? and he replied, "a group of people, a mixture of different tribes who come together to remember Allah and select the best words just as the date eater selects the best." (at-Tabarani)
III. Warning against sitting where Allah is not mentioned nor the Prophet's prayer is said
11. Abu Hureira reported that the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) said, “Whenever people sit in a place where they do not mention Allah or bless their Prophet, doom befalls them. . If he wishes, he will punish them. And if He wishes, he will forgive them." (Abu Daud and at-Tirmidi)
IV. Recommend the words that counteract the bustle of the meeting
12. Rafi'a ibn Hadijh reported that when his companions met the Prophet, may Allah bless him and bless him, at the end, when the Messenger of Allah wanted to get up, he would say, "Glory to You, O Allah." , and Yours is the praise. I testify that there is no God but Allah. I ask your forgiveness and I repent before you. I have done wrong, I have done wrong to myself, forgive me. Only You forgive bad deeds." They said, "Messenger of Allah, are these the words that you recommend?" "Yes," he replied, "Jibril came to me and said, 'Oh, Muhammad, those are atonements for the meeting.' (an-Nasai)
13. Abdellah ibn Amr ibn al-As reported that the Prophet, peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him, said, “There are certain words that someone can say in a meeting dedicated to good or a meeting of dikra. This meeting Allah will seal it as the page is marked with a seal. These words are: “Glory to You, O Allah, and Yours is the praise. There is no God but You. I ask you to forgive me and I turn to You ´”. (Abu Daud and ibn Hibban).
V. Encourage to say “la ilaha illallah” and his excellence.
14. Abu Hureira said, “I asked, 'Messenger of Allah, who will be the person most graced by your intercession on the Day of Rising? and the Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, replied, “I believe that no one has asked about this before you since I know of your yearning for learning the hadith. The person most graced with my intercession on the Day of Awakening will be the one who says: “There is no god but Allah” sincerely from his heart.'” (Al-Bukhari)
15. Jabir reported that the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) said, "The best dikra is `la ilaha illallah,' and the best supplication is `alhamdulillah'." (an-Nasai and ibn mayah)
16. Abu Hureira reported that the Messenger of Allah, may Peace and blessings be upon him, said, "Make a lot of shahada, testifying that there is no God except Allah before a barrier stands between you and it." (Abu Yet the)
17. He reported that the Messenger of Allah, may peace and blessings be upon him, said, "Renew your belief." When asked, "Messenger of Allah, how do we renew our belief?" he replied, “say often: `there is no God but Allah.'” (Ahmad and At-Tabarani)
18. Amr said, “I heard Allah's Messenger say, “I know some words that, if a person utters them truly from his heart and dies at that time, Fire will be forbidden for him. And this is: `There is no god but Allah.'” (al-Hakim)
SAW. Recommendation to say "There is no god but Allah alone and without any partner."
19. Abu Ayub reported that the Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “Whoever says, `There is no God but Allah, alone and with nothing associated with him. His is the kingdom and his is the praise. He has power over all things` ten times, it is as if he had freed four slaves of the descendants of Ismail”.
20. Yaqub ibn Asim reported that two of the companions of the Prophet, peace and blessings of Allah be upon him, heard him say, “No one says `There is no god but Allah alone and with nothing associated with it. The kingdom and the blessing belong to him and He has power over all things' sincerely with his soul, affirming it with his heart, articulating it with his tongue without Allah completely opening Paradise to look at the one who on earth says it, and he is a right of the slave, whom Allah looks upon, may he grant him his highest supplication." (an-Nasai)